Unhappy with how the concrete floors in your Marble Falls garage look and function, you decide to visit your local home improvement store to purchase a DIY coating kit. Considering that you can find an assortment of products with “easy-to-follow” instructions, you feel confident you can handle the project. However, before you take that route, consider five reasons why you should leave the job to a professional installer.
As you look over each one, you will understand why having an expert apply coatings to the concrete floors in your Marble Falls home is by far the better option.
- Surface Preparation – Failing to properly prepare the surface before applying a concrete coating is perhaps the number 1 mistake that homeowners make. This task involves more than sweeping away dirt and debris. A professional installer uses the correct equipment and process to ensure the garage floors are 100 percent clean. This individual also fixes any surface imperfections. One oversight could be enough to mess up the entire project.
- Product Quality and Knowledge – Although some do-it-yourself products are “OK,” they do not compare to the top-of-the-line products used by professional installers. With a wealth of knowledge, the expert will select the right product to achieve the look you desire.
- Customization – With experience and expertise, it is impossible to customize the look of garage floors. A professional installer has both qualities, ensuring a fantastic outcome.
- Enhancements – A homeowner has no idea about the correct way to enhance a product using quartz beads, paint chips, aggregates, and so on, but a professional installer does.
- Time Management – People who are in a hurry to transform the garage floors at their Marble Falls homes tend to rush, which leads to mistakes. A professional installer knows how much time each project and product needs. For instance, if a customer wants SunStone applied, the installer dedicates the appropriate amount of time required to achieve perfection.