Posts By: admin
On their own, stained concrete floors have a rich and sophisticated look. For that reason, it is common for both home and business owners to choose them over other decorative concrete solutions. Whether going with a water- or acid-based stain, using products like SunH20 or SunAcid, respectively, there are ways to achieve a high level of sophistication.
Before going over a few options, remember that the initial look you achieve varies depending on whether you opt for a water-based stain or one with an acid base. For instance, with water-based stained concrete floors, you have a much broader range of colors, especially bold and vibrant ones. In comparison, an acid stain offers fewer colors, but it results in a marbled effect that looks stunning.
- Finishes – A skilled installer or contractor can create almost any color finish you want. As an example, if you have a home in the mountains or a casual retail store, you could have your floors colored to look like actual hardwood. Using different colors, you could even create the look of a specific variety of wood, whether mahogany, pine, oak, or something else.
- Textures – Texturing stained concrete floors is yet another possibility. In this case, the expert would use different tools to give the color a unique texture. Not only does this change the overall appearance, but it can be dramatic or subtle.
- Slip Resistant Aggregates – You can even choose to have aggregates added to the sealer of stained concrete floors. Something like tiny sand is a perfect way to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that also makes the floors slip-resistant.
- Colors – While a lot of people stick with a single color, whether using a water- or an acid-based stain, you can increase the level of sophistication by choosing several colors. An expert can incorporate more than one color over the entire surface or create interesting design elements by segregating the colors. Either way, everyone will envy your floors.
Owning a home with a built-in swimming pool makes summer months more enjoyable for everyone. Especially on scorching hot days in Austin, a dip in the pool is the perfect way to cool off. As you know, it is critical that you take all the necessary precautions to keep family and friends safe. For instance, to prevent small children from entering the pool area, you need fencing with a locked gate.
When it comes to safety measures, some are more obvious than others. As for the pool decking at your Round Rock home, injuries occur for two primary reasons. First, both adults and children slip and fall. While no one should ever run around the pool, even walking on a wet surface poses the risk of injury. The second issue is that when temperatures soar, the decking becomes hot to the touch, which can burn the soles of your feet.
Improve Safety with Spray-On Textured Acrylic Overlays
To enhance the safety of the pool decking at your Round Rock home, both Classic Texture and SunSplash are perfect solutions. Both of these products are spray-on textured acrylic overlays that increase safety. They also can give your pool deck an entirely new look thanks to masonry effects, custom score cut lines, and aggregate effects.
Another benefit of using the right product for the pool decking at your Round Rock home is the ease of cleaning and maintenance. You can even choose from a broad range of colors. For instance, you can create a subtle or sophisticated look or choose a design with more artistic flair. By combining several colors, you have endless possibilities.
For the ideal outdoor living space, it is essential that you select a superior-quality product. In addition to the pool decking at your Round Rock home, you can change the appearance of other surfaces, such as a patio, walkway, and driveway.
Are you tired of spending time in a garage that looks and feels drab? Do you want a new garage floor system that will add some personality to this part of the home yet stand up to daily use and abuse? By knowing what to look for in a flooring solution, you can achieve both goals.
For starters, you want to choose a garage floor system capable of resisting issues like oil, grease, chemicals, stains, impact, hot tire marks, abrasions, and more. When you consider all the different things dropped and spilled on these floors, it has to have unique qualities. The wrong coating or finish would deteriorate quickly, which is what you want to avoid.
A long-lasting flooring solution is imperative. Unlike the floors inside your house, those in the garage take a beating. Although a professional installer can complete the project in just one to two days, you only want to go through this process once. Resale value is something else to consider. You and any future owners of the house will enjoy a floor that lasts a long time.
You should think about the cleaning and maintenance aspect of a garage floor system as well. Especially if you use the space to park more than one vehicle, motorcycle, or bike, and you use it for working on hobbies and special projects, you can expect it to become dirty relatively fast. By selecting a product like SunEpoxy 100, you can keep your garage floors beautiful and functional with nothing more than sweeping. For big messes, you can hose the garage out.
There are also different colors, textures, and patterns to incorporate into the design of your new garage floor system. Because these characteristics vary from one type of coating to another, make sure you select a product that offers what you want. In many cases, you can even choose more than one color, texture, or pattern for a one-of-a-kind look.
The saying, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” applies to many different things in life, including hiring a concrete contractor from Pflugerville. When it comes to decorative coatings like Tuscan and SunStamp, it is imperative that you hire the right professional. The last thing you want is to have someone work on your project only to discover after completing the job that he lacked in both experience and expertise.
Before you turn any project over to a concrete contractor from Pflugerville, ask these critical questions.
- Are you licensed and insured? – Never hire a decorative concrete contractor from Pflugerville unless he meets all three of these criteria. With a license, you know the contractor has the appropriate training to mix, embellish, pattern, and apply the coating or finish of your choosing. As for insurance, that provides you with protection should the contractor or a member of his crew sustain an injury or cause damage to your property.
- Can you show me photos of previous jobs similar to mine? – As they say, “talk is cheap.” You want visual proof of the contractor’s capabilities, which comes in the way of high-definition photos. Remember, an expert is eager to show off the work performed and therefore, will never hesitate to provide you with as many photographs as you want.
- Do you have referrals? – With referrals, you have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with past or current customers. Not only does that give you insight into the quality of work, but also how the team behaves while on the job.
How long have you worked as a contractor? – Whether a concrete contractor from Pflugerville runs his own business or works for a reputable company, you have every right as the potential customer to learn about his history in the industry. That does not mean a relatively new contractor would do shoddy work, just that the more experience an individual has, the better chance of surpassing your expectations.
Instead of feeling as though you have to choose between beauty and safety when having concrete walkways installed at your Round Rock business, you can enjoy both with products like SunSplash and SunStone. Especially during periods of rain, you want your clientele to make it to your front door without incident. Not only that but if someone falls and sustains an injury, you become the liable party.
Using these two options as examples, it is easy to see how you can transform the appearance of your concrete walkways in Round Rock yet have a slip-resistant surface. For instance, consider an acrylic spray texture coating. This works incredibly well in protecting the walkway from elements of the weather, along with salts and environmental pollutants. Along with that, you can have the installer customize the appearance of the surface using masonry effects, score lines, and various aggregates.
In addition to beautiful and safe concrete walkways at your Round Rock business, this particular solution is durable, easy to maintain, and it lasts a long time. In fact, compared to other decorative concrete overlays, this one ranks among the most economical. You even have a choice of multiple colors, perfect for coordinating with the hues in your company logo.
Another excellent choice for the concrete walkways at your Round Rock business is an architectural limestone coating. When the installer finishes the project, no one will know it is not actual rock but an overlay. In addition to hiding surface imperfections, you can enhance the appearance of this coating with custom design effects, aggregates, and color. As for safety, it produces a superior slip-resistant surface. You want people who come to your company to feel safe walking in and out. At the same time, you want concrete walkways at your Round Rock business to garner attention. Whether you have a law firm, antique store, or dry-cleaning company, transforming the walkways is a great way to boost business.